Accommodation in Paris

Finding accommodation in the Île-de-France region is not an easy task and can take some time. It is recommended that you plan ahead as much as possible. Every student is responsible for finding their own accommodation and, if necessary, look for temporary housing for the start of the academic year. 

Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University has some accommodation units within university halls of residence that it allocates to exchange students. However, being accepted and enrolling at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne does not guarantee any student with an offer of university accommodation. Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University will not issue proof of accommodation documents in advance and requires you to complete all necessary consular processing procedures beforehand.

Our university has accommodation available in several university halls of residence that you may wish to consider applying for. Unfortunately, the university does not have enough accommodation to meet all demand.

Accommodation for exchange students

The accommodation options below are exclusively available to foreign students taking part in exchange programmes. This type of accommodation is allocated by the International Relations Department (DRI) at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University according to demand and availability. Please note that these two organisations may also charge a reservation fee.

Paris Crous

Every year, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne has some Paris Crous accommodation for allocation. Rent is between €250-550/month depending on the type of accommodation.

Cité internationale universitaire de Paris

Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University has several accommodation units available at the Cité internationale. Rent is between €500-800/month depending on the type of accommodation. This accommodation is allocated exclusively to foreign students participating in a master’s level exchange programme.

Accommodation for all foreign students

These accommodation options are open to all foreign students enrolled at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University (exchange and full degree students).

Cité internationale universitaire de Paris

If you are a foreign master’s student you can apply directly to the Cité internationale through their website.


The Studapart online platform is a partner of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and allows students to view advertisements for various types of accommodation (private accommodation, university halls, estate agent offers). Studapart offers a guarantee system you have to pay for, called the Studapart Guarantee. All you need to do is submit a copy of your identity card and proof of admission to the university through the platform. If you are interested in this housing option, you must get in touch with the International Relations Department as soon as you are able to provide a document which certifies your admission at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University.


Foreign students accommodation