Full degree student

You plan on studying at Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne for a Bachelor's or a Master's degree outside of the student exchange agreements? The procedure to follow to apply as a full degree student varies according to your nationality, your country of residence and the nationality of the degree you are preparing (or you have graduated from).

Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne will apply the same tuition fee rates for the academic year 2023/2024 to French and foreign students regardless of whether they come from a European Union member state (voted by the Board of Governors on 20th October 2022).


  • 1. Choose your course

    With over 300 programmes offered by Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, it is up to you to choose the one which best fits your interests, skills and career objectives.

    See all the university's programmes

    See our programmes taught in English

    All of our Bachelor's degrees are fully taught in French and not all of our programmes in English are open to foreign students. Please get in touch with the relevant academic department for more information.

  • 2. Application process

    Depending on your nationality, the country you live in, or the country which delivered your last diploma, you will need to follow a specific application process.

    You are applying for a 1st year of a Bachelor's degree

    Apply on Parcoursup (January to March) if you are:

    • French
    • A citizen of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, Saint-Martin or the Vatican. Please note that UK citizens are now considered as non-EU nationals and cannot apply through the Parcoursup platform.
    • A non-EU national but you hold a French baccalauréat

    You are a non-EU national and you hold a foreign high school diploma:

    • If you live in France, apply through the "dossier vert" from the DAP procedure (from 1st October to 15th December 2022)
    • If you live in a foreign country using the Campus France application platform, apply through the Études en France platform (from 1st October to 15th December 2022)
    • If you live in a foreign country that does not use the Campus France application platform, apply through the "dossier blanc" from the DAP procedure (from 1st October to 15th December 2022).

    You are applying for a 2nd or 3rd year of a Bachelor's degree, or for a Master's degree

    Apply through eCandidat if:

    • You are French
    • You are a citizen of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, Saint-Martin or the Vatican
    • You hold a valid residence permit (titre de séjour) for the upcoming academic year

    You are a non-EU national:

    • If you live in a foreign country using the Campus France application platform, apply through the Études en France platform (from 21st November 2022 to 15th January 2023)
    • If you live in a foreign country that does not use the Campus France application platform, apply through the eCandidat application platform
  • 3. "Demande d'Admission Préalable" (DAP)

    You can apply through the DAP (demande d'admission préalable) procedure for the following undergraduate academic fields: AES, Fine Arts, Cinema, Law, Economics, Geography, Management, History, Mathematics and Computer Science, Philosophy, Sociology, Social Sciences, Political Science, Art History and Archaeology. It is not possible to apply for double-degrees through the DAP procedure. UK citizens now have to apply through the DAP procedure.

    You are exempted from the DAP procedure if:

    • You are a refugee
    • You are a citizen of Syria 
    • You are the child of a diplomat currently working in France, if they were appointed after the application period
    • If you already applied through a DAP procedure during a previous application campaign

    If you are in one of the situations listed above, please get in touch with incoming-fulldegree@univ-paris1.fr

    The "dossier vert" or "dossier blanc" (paper format)

    ► If you live in France, download the "dossier vert"
    ► If you live in a foreign country that does not use the Campus France platform, download the "dossier blanc"

    • Carefully read the file and the guidelines included in the "dossier vert" and the "dossier blanc" ("notice")
    • Please print the file single-sided
    • The envelopes you have to provide need to be stamped. The stamp goes in the upper-right corner and the recipient address below the stamp in the bottom-right corner
    • Your diplomas and transcripts of records need to be translated in French by a professional translator
    • If there is an entrance exam for universities in your home country, you will be asked to provide the results of this exam as part of your application file
    • Language level: if you are not exempted from a French test, you will need to present a proof of language proficiency before the application deadline. You may register to take a TCF DAP test organised by our university. The university may not be able to accept a proficiency certificate if you provide it after the application deadline. You can find a list of exemption cases in the DAP guidelines (notice).
  • 4. eCandidat applications

    eCandidat applications are handled directly within the academic departments. They can provide you with information on the procedure and answer your questions regarding the academic year. If you encounter technical difficulties during this application process, please contact the hotline. Here are the documents usually asked for (this is not an exact list as required documents may differ from one degree to another):

    • The eCandidat application form (you can download it from the eCandidat platform if the application process is not dematerialised), filled in with the necessary information, dated and signed. Follow the instructions written on the form
    • Detailed CV & cover letter
    • Copy of ID
    • Copy of your high school diploma (equivalent to the Baccalauréat), of any university degree (equivalent to a Licence, for example) and your transcripts of university grades. If these documents are not in French, a translated copy is required.
    • DELF/DALF or TCF level B2 (for applications for the 1st and the 2nd year of a Bachelor's [Licence 1 & 2]) or C1 (for applications for the 3rd year of a Bachelor's degree [Licence 3], the 1st year of a Master's [Master 1] or the 2nd year of a Master's [Master 2]). These certifications are required only for nationals of countries in which French is not the official language
    • For applications for the 2nd year of a Master's of Research: presentation of your research project in 2 to 3 pages
    • Letter of recommendation written by a professor (optional)
  • 5. Residence permit request

    If you are accepted and you do not live in France, your admission letter will allow you to apply for a visa to the French Consulate of your place of residence

    The processing of visa requests may take some time, especially during the summer. File your visa request as early as possible.


  • Student and Campus Life Contribution (CVEC)

    In order to complete their administrative enrolment in a higher education institution, full degree students (who are not part of an exchange programme) will be asked to provide proof that they have paid the Student and Campus Life Contribution (CVEC) or have been exonerated.

    You are exempt from paying the CVEC contribution if either of the following cases apply to you: you are a refugee who is in receipt of subsidiary protection, an asylum seeker with the right to stay in France, or a means-tested Crous grant holder.

  • Administrative enrolment

    Once you are accepted to study at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, you will receive by email instructions on how to complete your administrative enrolment on Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne’s Primoweb site. You will receive a pre-enrolment number along with these instructions and a step-by-step tutorial. You will need your pre-enrolment number to access the Primoweb site, as well as your date of birth.

    For non-EU nationals, you can apply for a student visa using your enrolment letter if you live abroad, or request a renewal of your residence permit with this letter if you live in France.

    Once enrolled you will receive a confirmation printable email and your student number. Keep this number as it will allow you to activate your account on the ENT (virtual learning space) and access the university’s online services.

    On your ENT account you will find a tab entitled “Pièces Justificatives” where you should upload the documents required to complete your enrolment. These documents are:

    • Identification document (passport or national identity card)
    • Academic of transcript of secondary school qualifications along with a translation (also required for master’s courses)
    • Proof of online payment of registration fees (copy of this email)
    • Proof of civil liability insurance, which you can obtain from your relevant insurer (you can upload this later to the ENT).
  • Academic enrolment

    Once you have finished your administrative enrolment at the university you must proceed to complete your academic enrolment with your academic department. You must complete this step in order to be able to sit your examinations.

    Enrolment in language classes (eg. French as a foreign language), sport and cultural activities should be completed through the relevant services: the Languages Department (DDL)Sports and Physical Education Department (UEFAPS) and the Student Life Service (SVE).


  • Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme (Master's level)

    The Eiffel Programme was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to help French institutions of higher education in their efforts to attract top foreign students to their master’s and doctoral programmes.

    Its purposes are to train future foreign decision-makers in the private and public spheres in priority areas of study and to attract to French institutions applicants from developing countries at the master’s level (maximum 25 years old) and from developing and industrialised countries at the doctoral level (maximum 30 years old).


    • Apply for a Master 1 (1st year of a Master's degree) or a Master 2 (2nd year of a Master's degree) at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne in one of the following disciplines: Economics, Management, Law or Political science
    • Be a foreign citizen (priority is given to citizens from developing countries)
    • Be less than 25 years old


    €1,181/month + round trip ticket, health mutual + possible housing allowance (under some conditions).


    12 months maximum for an admission in Master 2 and 24 months maximum for an admission in Master 1.

    Application procedure

    For all information about the application procedure, download the useful document at the bottom of this page.



    For more information on the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme, check the Campus France website.

  • Other mobility grants

    Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne does not offer other grants for incoming full degree students. However, we encourage you to check calls for applications on the websites of French embassies abroad, the Instituts français and the Alliances françaises. You can also check the grant search engine available on the Campus France website.