Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne has signed student exchange agreements with several hundred universities around the world, especially within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme. If you are a student from one of these universities, you can study at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne as an "exchange" student.
Conditions for participation
You must be preselected by your home university. Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and your home university must have signed a student exchange agreement in your discipline and at your level of studies (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD).
Once you have been preselected by your home university, you will receive a link from the International Relations Department of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne to access the application form, which you will have to fill in and submit before 15th May (if you wish to arrive in September for the first semester or the entire academic year) or before 15th October (if you wish to arrive in January for the second semester).
Before your departure, you must sign a learning agreement that lists the classes that you will take at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and the equivalent classes from which you will be exempt in your home university (see the list of classes open to exchange students below).
You must then fill in the online application form with the following documents:
- Learning agreement (in French or in English) completed and signed by you and by the academic supervisor of your home university. Your academic advisor at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne will sign your learning agreement once you have arrived in France.
- Language certificate of minimum level B2 to take Bachelor's and/or Master's classes (DELF/DALF, TCF or a letter written by a French teacher from your home university). If you choose classes taught in English, you must also provide a letter written by an English teacher from your home university or an equivalent language certificate of English (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.).
- Copy of transcript of grades obtained in higher education, with a translation in French (see grade conversion table in the useful documents at the bottom of this page).
- Copy of the passport or identity card
- If you are an exchange student outside the Erasmus+ programme, you will also need to provide a CV, a cover letter and a letter of recommendation.
Once your application is accepted by Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, you will receive your admission certificate by the end of June.
If you are accepted to take part in an exchange programme, once you are officially nominated you will receive a link within a month that will allow you to apply for this exchange programme. You will remain enrolled at your home university to which you will continue to pay your usual tuition fees. You do not need to pay any tuition fees to Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
You will receive by email instructions on how to complete your administrative enrolment on Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne’s Primoweb website. You will receive a pre-enrolment number along with these instructions and a step-by-step tutorial. You will need your pre-enrolment number to access the Primoweb site, as well as your date of birth.
For non-EU nationals, you can apply for a student visa using your enrolment letter if you live abroad, or request a renewal of your residence permit with this letter if you live in France.
Once enrolled you will receive a confirmation printable email and your student number. Keep this number as it will allow you to activate your account on the ENT (virtual learning space) and access the university’s online services.
On your ENT account you will find a tab entitled “Pièces Justificatives” where you should upload the documents required to complete your enrolment. These documents are:
- Identification document (passport or national identity card)
- Academic of transcript of secondary school qualifications along with a translation (also required for master’s courses)
- Proof of civil liability insurance, which you can obtain from your relevant insurer (you can upload this later to the ENT)
Once you arrive at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne you must enrol in the classes detailed in your learning agreement. You must take an initial meeting with your international relations academic advisor upon arrival so that they can check your timetable. Once you have completed this step you must go to the administrative office for each class in order to complete your academic enrolment.
Erasmus+ Mobility for Studies
Once you have been selected for a mobility at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne under the Erasmus+ programme, we invite you to get information from your home institution on how to obtain the Erasmus+ grant for studies.
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility
This grant includes individual support to cover, only partially, living expenses on site. The amount of this individual support is €850 per month.
You will also receive a travel allowance, the amount of which depends on the distance between Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and your home university:
- University of Nouakchott Al Aasriya (Mauritania): €530
Grant payments will be made by the International Relations Department of Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other mobility grants