Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne stands out in QS 2022 Rankings by Subject
Following on from last year's results, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne continues to perform well in the latest QS Rankings by Subject.
For the 12th edition of the prestigious World University Rankings by Subject, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) reviewed 1,543 higher education institutions around the world to establish a ranking divided into 51 subjects and five broad subject areas, based on four criteria.
A confirmed global position
The university continues to gain ground globally in its two key subject areas: Social Sciences & management (+6) and Arts & Humanities (+5). It is on the rise in almost all subjects included in the Arts & Humanities category, such as History (+11), Archaeology (+3), or Classics & Ancient History where it is listed in the top 10. In Social Sciences & Management, the university is featured for the first time in the field of Communication and Media Studies, at rank 201-240. As in 2021, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne has a total of seven disciplines in the world's top 50, including two in the top 20 (Law and Classics & Ancient History).
It enters the top 100 in Social Policy & Administration, bringing to 12 the number of subjects offered by Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne that are ranked among the top 100 in the world. The university is thus the third French institution with the highest number of fields of study ranked among the best in the world.
Top French institution in seven subjects
At the domestic level, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne remains in first place in six subjects (Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Geography, History and Law) and returns to the top in Philosophy. It comes second in Arts & Humanities and moves up one place in Social Sciences & Management, from fourth to third place.
This 2022 edition of QS Rankings by Subject highlights once again the reputation of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences, at both national and international levels.
Global Rank by Subject
Arts & Humanities: #26 (+5)
- Classics & Ancient History: #10 (+2)
- History: #22 (+11)
- Archaeology: #22 equally ranked (+3)
- Philosophy: #26 (+1)
- Modern Languages: #51 (+16)
- Architecture: #101-150 (#151-200 in 2021)
- Art & Design: #151-200 (#101-150 in 2021)
Social Sciences & Management: #56 (+6)
- Law and Legal Studies: #18 (+2)
- Development Studies: #37 equally ranked (=)
- Economics and Econometrics: #76 (+4)
- Anthropology: #51-100 (=)
- Politics and International Studies: #51-100 (=)
- Social Policy & Administration: #51-100 (#101-120 in 2021)
- Accounting and Finance: #101-150 (=)
- Business & Management Studies: #151-200 (=)
- Communication and Media Studies: #201-240 (not ranked in 2021)
- Geography: #39 equally ranked (-4)
- Mathematics: #451-500 (#401-450 in 2021)
Engineering and Technology
- Computer Science and Information Systems: #301-350 (#351-400 in 2021)
Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne continues to perform well in the latest QS rankings by subject...